- Preliminary Proposal of application / Abstract Due – January 11, 2013*
- Application deadline to submit final application to the Office of Research – February 15, 2013
- For a list of key dates, instructions and application forms see Annual Grants Program table below.
*Preliminary Proposal includes the abstract submission and the application form. (you can submit the detailed budget at a later time and the supporting documentation) Please see forms on the "Annual Grants Program Table" below.
Foundation Program Committee Policies and Procedures:
To view the policies and Procedures from the Foundation please see link below.
Annual Grants Program Booklet
faculty members who meet eligibility requirements (below)
may request funds to initiate a research project
with the objective of securing external funds to continue the research.
Amount of Awards:
The Foundation will consider grant applications up to $20,000. The Foundation will provide 50% of the total grant and, in the past, the investigator’s school, or another source, was required to provide the other 50%. The Foundation has relaxed the requirement that schools match their contribution to the grant, but SHRP has maintained its commitment to fully funding their share of these awards.
Part-time and adjunct faculty are not eligible for these awards. Faculty must have an earned terminal degree which included a research component. Preference will be given to faculty who are within four years from the date of initial faculty appointment at UMDNJ or from date of completion of their terminal degree. Preference will also be given to faculty whose current total annual extramural research support as Principal Investigator, from all sources, is no greater than $100,000 in direct costs.
Application and Submission:
Please click on the link below for Instructions and Application form and include the names of 3 potential external reviewers with their email accounts with your preliminary proposal to the Office of Research via email to Maria Constanten at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Office of Research will contact these potential reviewers to assess their willingness to participate and their ability to meet the deadlines. Should some or all of them not be confirmed the Faculty Member and their Chair will be contacted for alternative names. Any application which does not have external reviewers by the submission of final proposals will not be considered for funding. The application form should also accompany the final submission. Please use the budget document and insert in the main document once completed.
The funding period of each
grant is one year. If the principle investigator requires an extension he/she must send electronically a request for an extension and justify the reason to Bob Denmark at email@example.com for approval.
Grants closed out:
Researchers will receive 80% of their allocation; the remaining 20% will be awarded after a summary updating the committee or the results of the project has been received.Summary includes:
1. Final Narrative Report
2. Final Financial Report
The duration of the project is one year, unless an extension is requested and approved, therefore, a final narrative and financial report is required upon completion sent to the Office of Research, Maria Constanten at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Office of Research will then forward to the NJ Health Foundation.
Note: Salary may not be requested
for the principal investigator or author or other fulltime UMDNJ faculty members or staff.
Extentions and exceptions require a written request and approval from the Associate Dean for Research.
For further information please see Return
to: UMDNJ - School of Health Related