Institute for Nutrition Interventions
The Institute for Nutrition Interventions is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in clinical nutrition research, service and education initiatives. The Institute seeks to advance the science and practice of clinical nutrition and lifestyle management through the conduct of scientifically sound research, the development of clinically relevant and outcomes oriented clinical and service initiatives and provision of continuing professional education programs for health professionals.
• To identify relevant research studies or practices within UMDNJ so as to serve in a coordinating role among the faculties of the various schools who may share common interests.
• To generate grant or contractual funding to support research in clinical nutrition interventions.
• To partner with industry, federal, state and local agencies in the study of clinical nutrition interventions.
• To serve as a resource to the UMDNJ faculties and students for: grants and contracts information on clinical nutrition and lifestyles, educational information for curricular changes or reform, and clinical practice.
• To serve as an educational resource to the University's consumer community regarding clinical nutrition practices.
• To foster relationships within UMDNJ units and with external organizations for research and consultant opportunities to provide a funding base.